The Gleason Memorial Library offers free technology services to the residents of Jefferson County. Public library technology helps create a stronger economy, ensuring workforce development and lifelong learning.
The library’s six public computers are available in thirty minute time slots. 2. Children aged 18 and under must be supervised by an adult or have written permission of parent or guardian.
- Access the Internet.
- Create resumes, spreadsheets, flyers, and presentations.
- Play children’s educational games.
- Learn digital skills with free online tutorials.
- And more!
We have two children’s computers with educational games, without access to the Internet.
Free, open Wi-Fi access to the Internet
Connect to our Wi-Fi with your personal smartphones, tablets, and laptops. Caution: the Wi-Fi is an open, unsecured connection.
Library staff can help with basic computer and Internet needs so you can
- Create an e-mail account.
- Complete online applications for jobs and services.
- Use your e-reader and more.
The library will be offering a series of basic computer classes in office productivity and social media. Learn more.
Library website to access digital services 24/7
Access library resources online from anywhere you have an internet connection at www.ringling.okpls.org
Online catalog of library materials
Browse, search, and reserve items at the library’s online catalog.
E-books, audio books, streaming video, and digital magazines available for check out
Use your library account user name and password to check out materials at OK Virtual Library.
Explore free online books in the public domain.
Research trusted information
If accessing these databases outside of the library, get your username and password from the librarian.
EBSCOhost is a powerful online reference system accessed through the Internet. Learn about
- Health and medical issues.
- Small business resources.
- Learning and education for all ages including homework help.
Britannica School is an educational site that provides
- Answers and homework help,
- Video games and articles, and
- Maps and illustrations to use in school projects.
Accelerated Reader Bookfinder Search for accelerated reader books with a quiz.
For printing, copying, and scanning, see Services.